Saturday, September 26, 2015

Irregular Verbs Resource Pack

Each year, many students come from homes where English is not the first language, or even spoken at all.  One area where these students have difficulty, as do many young English speakers, is with irregular verbs.

Our students enter the building between 9:00 and 9:15.  Most teachers don't begin lessons until 9:30.  As a special educator, I see that as plenty of time to run a small group to work on goals!

I created a pack of resources to use to help the students learn some of the irregular verbs.  There are so many to learn but I selected the verbs I thought would be most frequently seen and used.



The pack includes four fill-in-the-blank worksheets, a memory matching game, and a sorting worksheet.  I printed several sets of the memory matching game on different shades of colored card-stock.  I paired the students up heterogeneously so they could help each other recognize matches.



How do you teach irregular verbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment