Monday, September 19, 2016

Local Library Sale for your Classroom

Last week I received an email saying my local library was having  sale. The email said I could fill a brown paper bag with books for $7. Obviously I was hesitant, and had very low expectations. "How good could this sale possibly be?" "Are these books even from this decade?"  Boy was I wrong!



I was on the hunt for level c -level i books, and there were a ton. I was pleasantly surprised to find so many amazing books for my students.


I also found some amazing picture books. One of my new favorites is Edwardo The Horriblest Boy in the Whole Wide World. It is a story of a boy who is always told he is horrible and then becomes more and more horrible.  You'll have to read the book to see how it turns out.  You can purchase the book here!


At the end I spent $7.50 on 44 books, that is just under 6 cents a book. I highly suggest seeing if your local library has monthly sales. I will definitely be attending next month's sale! You can find your local library sale at Book Sale Finder. This is a great website that lists book sales throughout the country!

Happy shopping,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment