Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Wilson Supplementary Student Materials

During the school day, I teach Wilson for a group of students who are struggling with their decoding and encoding.  Wilson is a multisensory, systematic, phonics-based program.  Teachers who become certified spend several days in trainings, complete a 60 hour practicum with a struggling reader/speller, and are observed five times over the course of the year.  It is well worth the time for the wealth of knowledge you develop!

Over the years, I have created various resources to supplement the instruction.  You can also buy Wilson student workbooks from their website.  I often use these with my students, typically while charting one-on-one.   



The pack I created for Step 1 contains over 8 word searches for substeps 1.1 - 1.6.  You can find it on my TpT site!  

No comments:

Post a Comment